Thursday, August 05, 2004

Anyone using geo-tagging?

Anyone using geo-tagging?: "Here are materials from a presentation that was given at an IBM conference in Israel this past February. The same presentation was given about a week ago at the SIGIR conference. Those slides are not yet available.

It's right on topic.

Web-a-Where: Geotagging Web Content
By, Nadav Har'El and Ron Sivan, IBM Haifa Research Lab
http://www.research.ibm.com/haifa/W...eminarFeb04.pdf

Btw: I just posted a link to some slides from a presentation by a Google researcher in the the Google forum."

NTR Junior Member Join Date: Jul 2004, Posts: 4
Location: Atlanta Georgia Reputation:

Geo mapping

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I first heard of geo mapping from GeoUrl.org
when I first started blogging a year ago. People used it to find blogs close to them and some mapping systems used it to pin-point blogs. I used the following tags:


geo.accuracy: 1
geo.city: atlanta
geo.country: us
geo.datum: nad83
geo.latitude: 33.786027
geo.longitude: -84.351418
geo.postal: 30306
geo.state: us13

This is the first I've seen those tags. I often wondered if this would be a way to help local search engines find you as well. I look forward to additional information.

Google
Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.