Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Search Engine Marketing FAQ

Internet Search Engine News Concise article, clearly written for newbies, by J Whalen with short paragraphs replying to questions including:

SEO for Graphical Pages
"Q. My boss has a gigantic head and has spent $50,000 for an all-graphical home page. Will it help if we place keyword phrases in [alt tags] [comments tags] [a hidden layer] [text the same color as the background at the bottom of the page]?"

Switching Server Hosts
Q. I get no respect from my current Web host so I'm switching providers. Will this affect my search engine rankings?

Site Redesign and File Name Changes
Q. I've finally redesigned my circa-1997 Web site, and all the file names have changed. What should I do to ensure that the search engines index my new pages?

Google
Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.