Thursday, October 07, 2004

WebProWorld :: New MSN Search Preview

WebProWorld :: New MSN Search Preview: "Gates is supposed to be a guest speaker at the upcoming SES Conference in Chicago mid-December. Maybe then? Ronnie T. Dodger "

Sppof of Google watch at MSN Watch a creation by Aaron Wall

Web Development News: MSN Search Tech Preview - Around the Horn: "MSN Search Tech Preview"

to repeat what Nacho said at SearchEngineWatch forums:
Keyword-in-domain continues being strong, but not as much as Round 1.

Cache is as fresh as your grocery store around the corner.

Improved navigation and nicer looks.

The index seems to have been growing nicely.

link:www.domain.com is working well too.

Big authority websites carry weight in ranking. Seems like mom & pop will continue to struggle.

On page factors and content weigh in heavily.

Results for other languages are not coming up well (I tried Spanish).

And my response:
This could be true. I think the answer is as previously noted about anchor text and titles.

Damn ... I knew I forgot to look at that! That wasn't there in the first preview.

My feeling is that this is a temporary shell. They will stick with the current MSN Search layout (or another one that we have not even seen).

Oh hell yes! It has grown very well. They are on a tear.

I found the link: showed less than domain:, plus you had to add a qualifying word to trick the query into revealing your pages.

I am not so sure about that. I can see a good mix here. In some cases, mom and pop or startup sites are doing quite well. But this could be subjective too. Everyone will have a different interpretation of that.

Umm ... I think it is anchor text and titles. But that is a debate, I hate to debate. Let's just say you are correct! ;-)

Tomaré su palabra en eso.

Google
Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.