Tuesday, October 26, 2004

J Whalen and SEW on Title Length.....Rank Write Roundtable - Issue No. 026

Rank Write Roundtable - Issue No. 026: "I believe in making all of my tags an appropriate length for what I need to get into them. This varies from page to page and site to site. I can't think of a time when I've EVER counted the characters in any tag I've created. If,
however, you are a numbers fan, from what I understand, most of today's search engines will display 60 to 115 characters of your title tag. Remember, though, this doesn't mean that if you make it shorter or longer than those amounts, you'll be penalized. The same thing goes for the other Meta tags. Generally, most engines will index approximately 200 characters of the Meta description tag and about 1000 characters of the Meta keyword tag. (By the way, these numbers were obtained from www.searchenginewatch.com.)"

High Rankings All about the Title Tag for Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Watch Search Engine Placement Tips: "titles"

Google
Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.