Thursday, October 28, 2004

Caribbean forums: Hotels.com - Beware. Don't trust your booking to hotels.com

Caribbean forums: Hotels.com - Beware. Don't trust your booking to hotels.com: "Hotels.com - Beware. Don't trust your booking to hotels.com
<< Return to the Caribbean forum home page

Post removed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-
TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.
We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.
Removed on: 5:05 pm, Oct 05, 2004 (16149"

Taormina forum: hotels.com - don't trust your booking to them: "hotels.com - don't trust your booking to them
<< Return to the Taormina forum home page

DJM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 5
London, EnglandPosted on: 11:41 am, Oct 05, 2004Report inappropriate post

I am still in shock. I booked a hotel through tripadvisor's link to hotels.com. I even had one of their customer services agents online while I did it [first time through I was kicked out of hotels.com for no reason]. The booking went through smoothly and was accepted. The agent confirmed that the booking had been accepted and that I should receive confirmation within a few days. One WEEK later, I called hotels.com asking where my comfirmation letter was as I needed to make some special requests of the hotel. Hotels.com had record of my attempt to book a room but their records show that the booking had been declined. I had received no communication from hotels.com and certainly nothing in the booking process would have suggested that my booking had been declined. I am now in the position of having no hotel in Taormino over the busy upcoming half term. HOTEL USERS BEWARE...... Don't trust your booking to hotels.com. They will leave you stranded without help or apologies. AWFUL."

Google
Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.