Friday, September 24, 2004

Ending The Debate Over Cloaking

" examples of cloaking being argued as commonplace"
hereEnding The Debate Over Cloaking:

and hereCloaking Gone Mainstream: "simple semantics. Some users refer to all cloaking as cloaking; some users referring to cloaking are actually referring to deceptive cloaking, i.e., SPAM.
I tend to use the term the same way Jill does. If you someone is talking about IP delivery, I feel they should say IP deliver. If they are targeting just the Googlebot, it's SPAM, because I won't see what Google indexed if I do click through to the page. I've seen a lot of cloaking aimed at Google, and so far all of the Google-targeted IP delivery I've seen is SPAM. "

Google
Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.