Thursday, September 04, 2003

10 second pitch ..
Mary Ellen Bates - Interview with Annabel Colley, FreePint, 2003


Free Pint Portal - Events: "Building and Running a Successful Research Business. The example is taken from Paul and Sarah Edwards, gurus for home-based business. They describe a useful formula for developing your ten-second introduction. The template they use is:

'You know how [describe typical clients' information problem]? Well, I [solve problem] by [doing this].'

For example, 'You know how frustrating it is when you spend an hour looking for market research on the Web and never do find what you're really looking for? Well, my company helps you solve business problems by finding information that doesn't even appear on the Web.' Or, 'You know how hard it is to find 'soft' information about your industry or your competitors? Well, as a telephone researcher, I can gather the insights of the industry leaders for my clients, and since my clients' names are never associated with the research, I can put my finger on information they couldn't have obtained themselves.' "

Google
Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.